UPDATED AUGUST 2020
We are open for patient care!
Our team has been worked hard to carefully update our office procedures to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for our patients and staff.
Preventive dental care is considered essential, and there has always been the assumption that COVID-19 may be transmitted through the air. Olson Dental goes above and beyond in adhering to the specific guidelines and directives for the safe delivery of routine and preventative dental care established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health, and the San Mateo County Department of Public Health.
HOW ARE WE KEEPING YOU SAFE?
Updated office policies and procedures
- To allow social distancing between patients, appointment lengths have been increased, and start times are staggered. This might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, and we thank you for supporting social distancing with us.
- When we confirm your appointment, we will ask you some important screening questions. When you arrive for your appointment, we will take your temperature, and you’ll be asked these same questions again.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call the office when you are outside. This helps us maintain social distancing with any other patients that might be here.
- At this time, our waiting room is closed, and we are only allowing scheduled patients to come into the building. We kindly ask that all other visitors remain outside.
- We ask that you wear a mask to your appointment and that you sanitize your hands when you arrive.
- We have removed any items that are difficult to disinfect, such as magazines, toys, and our coffee station.
We know that many of you are eager to come in right away! We thank you for your patience as we work to accommodate everyone’s needs. If you are unable to keep an appointment, please let us know right away as we have many people waiting to be scheduled.
How we are managing aerosols
1. Limiting the use of aerosol-generating dental equipment when at all possible.
2. If aerosols might be generated:
- Remove additional aerosols using an ADS extra-oral suction unit. This powerful machine removes aerosols almost immediately and has three separate internal HEPA filters and UV-C light. We have one of these units available for every treatment room, and we invite you to watch our demo video below!
- Sanitize the air with fogging machines containing hypochlorous acid. This is a safe and effective high-level disinfectant that is used in hospitals, food safety, and water treatment.
3. Increasing air circulation throughout the office, improving overall air quality
We have always taken pride in our outstanding infection control and clean and sanitary office. Please see our Infection Control page that outlines some of the additional steps we have taken to protect you and our team. You won’t want to miss the “Olson Dental COVID Busters” video for a few laughs and more information about hypochlorous acid.
We are looking forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust in us, and we look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.