Dr. Olson suggests that the loss of the tooth is due to malocclusions, cavities, plaque and bacterial infection. Despite several initiatives to curb and improve the method of oral hygiene and preventive measures, many patients stress themselves realizing that tooth extraction is the final resort to prevent further damage to their teeth. Dr. Robert P. Olson, Doctor of Dental Surgery performs oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Olson is trained to restore teeth with crowns and bridges, correct TMD, and root canal therapy for patients. Dr. Olson is capable of diagnosing and treating facial pain, temporomandibular joint problems, and provide fillings and restorations.
WHAT COULD BE THE POSSIBLE REASONS BEHIND TOOTH LOSS?
Here are some of the common reasons behind tooth loss:
- An extensive decay of the teeth.
- Broken teeth due to external trauma.
- Bacterial infection and accumulation of tartar.
Implant dentistry has come up with a technology to give patients a stress-free and feasible alternative to their original teeth extractions where the lost tooth can be replaced with the help of an artificial tooth or better known as implants.
WHAT CAN IMPLANT DENTISTRY PROVIDE YOU WITH?
Implant dentistry has advanced to provide patients with a durable, convenient, and superior alternative to your original tooth with the help of artificial implants. Artificial implants will help to restore the natural look and aesthetics of the teeth and facial structure.
Here are some of the implant dentistry options that we offer at our facility.
A dental implant is a small Titanium screw that is implanted into the jawbone where the tooth has been extracted from. This will provide a firm base to place an artificial tooth or a set of artificial teeth that would appear exactly like natural ones.
An implant is a metal stud that has screw-like grooves on its surface and will be inserted into the jawbone. The crown will then be fixed over the stud that will act as the replacement tooth. It is attached to the metal stud with the help of an abutment (a connecting element) and dental adhesives.
Dental implants which are strong, durable and built to last for several years. Some of the advantages of dental implants are:
- They look, feel and function like normal teeth.
- With an implant, you can eat any type of food.
- They maintain the facial structure.
- They help improves our confidence.
- They also prevent bone deterioration in the jaws.
Crowns are dental restorations that are used to provide a solution to broken, chipped and discolored teeth. Crowns are the cap-like restorative device which covers the damaged teeth making them look like natural ones. Crowns are made of different materials. They come in all-metal, ceramic-on-metal, and all-ceramic forms.
The sole purpose of dental crowns is to restore broken teeth. We recommend our patients to go for crowns to correct various dental conditions. Here are some of them listed out:
- Crowns provide an excellent solution to teeth which have been cavities.
- They are recommended for patients who have just undergone a tooth extraction.
- Crowns are also advised for patients who have undergone a root canal procedure.
- They are useful for fixing bridges to its correct position.
- Dental crowns are used to correct cosmetic dental issues.
Book an appointment at Olson Dental and we shall guide you further on Implant Crowns.