Dental crowns and bridges are restorative dental appliances which are used to correct and restore a damaged tooth. A damaged tooth may either need to be restored using a crown that will cover the tooth entirely to make it look natural and healthy, or a using bridge that will help restore the missing tooth.
Dr. Robert P. Olson, Doctor of Dental Surgery performs restorations for teeth by placing crowns, correcting TMD, and performing root canal therapy for patients. Dr. Olson is capable of diagnosing and treating facial pain, temporomandibular joint problems, providing dental fillings, restoring implants with crowns and bridges.
Why do we need Dental crowns and bridges?
These restorative techniques are useful in situations when your teeth have been infected, damaged or broken due to various reasons. By using bridges and crowns, patients can enjoy the freedom of having a fully functioning set of teeth and gain confidence as they improve the look and feel of their teeth.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are cap-like structures that will surround the damaged teeth. They are typically used to restore a tooth that has been damaged, chipped, worn out or discolored. They can also be used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of the smile. Crowns can generally be of three different forms: all-metal, ceramic-on-metal, and all-ceramic.
Benefits of Dental Crowns:
- Earlier, the only solution to broken teeth were extractions. But today, crowns are a safer and easier option to pave a solution to this dilemma.
- Crowns will help patients to stay away from the pain of having to go through dental extractions.
- They are easier to bond and will last longer.
When do we need Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns may be necessary for a variety of reasons. Here are a few reasons why you must get a dental crown.
- When teeth require repair from fracture or chips.
- Severe cases of tooth decay.
- In cases of completing a root canal procedure.
- Anchoring bridges into their correct place.
- Restoration of dental implants.
- Correcting various cosmetic dental issues.
Prior to the insertion of crowns, our specialists will carefully examine your teeth to check whether this is the best option for you.
Porcelain Dental Crowns
They are tooth-shaped caps that are used to cover a damaged tooth and to restore it back to its original color, shape and, size. These crowns will be permanently inserted into place, thereby fully covering the entire visible portion of the damaged tooth.
When do you need Porcelain Crowns?
There are several functions that porcelain crowns can serve in restorative dentistry.
Here are some of the reasons why they are suggestive:
- To restore a tooth that has been broken or worn down.
- To restore a tooth that has been weakened due to breakage.
- To support a tooth that has been exposed to large amounts of fillings.
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are restorative appliances that are used to fill the missing gaps between teeth. In the case of a missing tooth, dental bridges are used to fill the gap between them. Our trained set of doctors will help you regain that healthy smile you have always dreamt of.
Why do you need Dental Bridges?
Dental Bridges are a smart way to restore the natural look and feel of the teeth. There are a few vital reasons why someone with dental problems, such as missing teeth, must opt for bridges. Here are some of the reasons why we recommend dental bridges as a smart solution to a healthy smile.
- Loss of a tooth may result in drifting of the adjacent teeth that will certainly lead to greater dental problems.
- The gap between teeth can result in further loss of the teeth, fractured teeth, jaw pain and unexplained headaches.
- Leaving untreated gaps may result in gum disease and other dental hygiene issues.
How do Dental Bridges work?
Our patients will be given the opportunity to wear dental bridges in order to replace a lost tooth without the need to wear dentures or even undergoing surgery. The artificial tooth will be held in place with the help of crowns. The bridges will be made from ceramic or porcelain material to match the surrounding teeth. It is recommended that you whiten your teeth before the procedures as the restoratives used are stain and bleach resistant. If the bridges are created to match yellow teeth, it will remain yellow even if you try to whiten the teeth at a later stage.
Book an appointment with Olson Dental and we shall guide you forward with your restorations.